How to have a "Sick Day"

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

When you're a mom, "sick days" are as elusive as say, a NAP or going to the bathroom without small followers asking, "Did you poop or just tinkle Mommy?"

So, yesterday when I was stricken with the black plague (or something like it) my "sick day" consisted of the following activities:
Getting up with loud children at 6:00.
Going to the grocery store.
Going to a meeting that I could not reschedule.
Changing Oliver's poopy rear four times.
Assisting Spencer on the potty five times.
Repeatedly threatening to remove marbles from the "good behavior" marble jars.
Vacuuming.
Finally collapsing in a chair at 4:00pm, with everyone I love asking me, "What's for dinner?"
Giving up (without preparing dinner).
Going to bed from 5-8pm.
Allowing Husband to be "Mr. Mom" the rest of the evening. This including procuring pizza leftovers for dinner.
Eating a blizzard from Dairy Queen for dinner at 9pm.
Going back to bed until this morning.

Good luck with your "sick days." I hope they are more successful than mine!

3 comments:

Cheryl April 29, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

I feel for you. I really do. I'm just glad you got a blizzard! Nine at night for dinner? Sounds about right to me. Last night, the hubs was away. Finally got the kids down by 8:30 - and ate a nutritious dinner of potato chips and blackberries.

Yum.

Over from SITS

La Familia Garcia April 29, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

grrr...those don't sound very helpful to feeling better!
Visiting from SITS!

TJDKG May 4, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

ugh... I HATE those days soo much. how was your blizzard? complete bliss?

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP