The best laid plans...

>> Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So, I had this brilliant post planned. Really, truly brilliant. However, I made the mistake of thinking "I will just quickly put the binding on one of these receiving blankets before I post."  This, needless to say, did not go well. After putting the binding on upside down, TWICE(!) and then, on attempt number 3, nearly sewing my finger, I decided it was best to leave the binding for another day.But by then, nearly all of my writing time and absolutely all of my brilliance (what little there was to begin with) had been used up. And, out of this I have been reminded of this little pearl of wisdom:

When you think something will be "quick and easy", it probably won't be. Even if you've done that thing (like, say, sewing a binding on) 100 times before, the one time you'd like to have everything go smoothly: it won't. Best plan extra time, just in case. That way, you'll have time to post the brilliant post rather than having 2 minutes to post a less than brilliant post.

If I ever get that stupid binding put on, I'll get started on embroidering that little reminder on a pillow...

Brilliant post coming tomorrow. I promise.

1 comments:

Morgan Hagey June 24, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

Poor Erin. We are anxiously awaiting your post. :)

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP