How to Make Tomato Soup--Or Not

>> Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dear Reader,
From The Diet Coke Diet
From The Diet Coke Diet
The Diet Coke Diet
I wish I hadn't thrown down the towel until AFTER I'd taken the picture. 

In order to blend up tomato soup, one must hold the lid on. If one does not, one gets tomato puree everywhere. In addition, when you do finally realize you should hold the lid on, use a hot pad if you're taking tomatoes directly OFF the stove and INTO the blender. 

Love,
Morgan

3 comments:

Emily September 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Oh my! That's exactly why I'm always afraid to use a blender! And definitely not patient enough to let it cool. I am not into single use appliances, but somehow magically my husband had an immersion blender when we got married, and that thing is worth the space it takes because I love tomato soup so much. That's seriously all I use it for. If you can find a cheapish one, I recommend it.

The Nelsen Family: September 8, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

That looks sooo familiar! I did that last time I made tomato soup and seriously burned my hand. It was worth it though, I love tomato soup. And I'm with Emily, I really want an immersion blender.

Have you guys tried the Pioneer Woman's tomato soup recipe? YUM. I simmer it for a couple of hours to burn off the sherry, and it's so good.

Morgan Hagey September 14, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

I am an idiot. It turns out we HAVE an immersion blender. I didn't even know it. Sigh.

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP