Shark Steam Mop Review

>> Friday, February 19, 2010

Now, look. I think everyone has certain items in their household that they LOVE. It might be a computer or a sewing machine. Or a dog. (I dunno about that one...) In our house, with very small children who have no qualms about eating crap off the floor, mine are 1. My Dyson and 2. My steam mop.

I used to use Swiffer and was really really disappointed. I need a quick, easy way to clean my floors. Swiffer was NOT the answer. Neither was traditional mopping. It took forever, and using the same dirty mop water over the whole floor seemed really counterproductive.

Enter: THE STEAM MOP!!!!!!!!

Oh, how I love it. I have the 2nd Generation Pocket Steam Mop.

And listen up: BUY THIS VERSION. It is indeed more money than the first generation one. But it's FAR better. You get TWO sides for cleaning before you have to wash it, because it flips over. YAY! It also comes with a triangular attachment, which I LOVE for bathrooms and tight spaces. It also comes with a fluffy, purple thing that I think is for dusting, but I haven't figured it out yet. It comes with two pads for each attachment. It also comes with a cover to use for "carpet refreshing." Having a dog, this is a BIG bonus.

Also, the cleaning surface is much bigger in the newer version than the old. This makes cleaning faster. BUY THIS VERSION!

And now, photographic evidence of the awesomeness:

From The Diet Coke Diet
From The Diet Coke Diet

And after:
From The Diet Coke Diet
From The Diet Coke Diet
From The Diet Coke Diet

The Pros:
The things I listed above as well as it SANITIZES and requires NO HARSH CHEMICALS! I'm a fan.

 It's light weight with a super long cord. LOVE.

It works on ALL floor types.

It is not terribly priced.

The Cons:
It requires distilled water. I keep forgetting to buy it. I wish it could handle tap water. It CAN handle it, but it will conk out much sooner than if you use distilled water.

It only has steam jets down the middle of the cleaning surface. Other steam mops I've seen have them distributed all over the head of the mop.

All in all, I am a satisfied consumer. I purchased mine at Sam's Club for $94. I recommend. A lot. Go get one. It will change your life.

10 comments:

Jae February 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM  

All this talk is making me want one. But I don't know if it would work on slate! le sigh, I think I have to stick with my nasty old string mop, or not cleaning my floors ever.

Morgan Hagey February 19, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

According to their website it works on everything except unglazed ceramic or unfinished wood. So don't use it on your walls and you're good. :)

C. J. February 21, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Morgan, I'm so glad you've done this review. We have a "vacuum" that's so old it's useless, and I never mop because dirty mop water all over the floor may as well be the dirt that was on the floor in the first place. For apartment life (which we'll be accustomed to for quite some time, methinks), this could be a life-saver.

Alisa February 22, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

Love mine too! Jae- My friend has slate and loves the way her steam mop cleans it.

McEuens February 22, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Oooh, I need one! I love my Swiffer and all, but this looks much better.

McEuens February 22, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

This is Kara, by the way...didn't realize Maren was signed in. :)

Morgan Hagey February 22, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

I would never have known it was you Kara. ;)

Alisa February 23, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

Hmmm...sounds like a good solution to the endless tile in Mexico (which I really don't enjoy mopping with the old-fashioned raggedy mop-heads they use--they don't even sell
American styles mops!)!! If this stays unpacked in UT, I will need to see a demo!

Manda February 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

where does one buy distilled water?

Morgan Hagey February 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM  

Manda- in the water section of the grocery store, next to the water bottles. It comes in milk-carton-like containers. It'll be near the jugs of "spring water" and "drinking water". If you don't want to buy it, you can leave a container of water on the counter for 2 days and it'll distill itself. But that's a pain and I just buy it. :)

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP