Thanksgiving Thankfulness

>> Monday, November 15, 2010

So, my kids are very little, in comparison to... um... other people's kids??? Anyway, so we're working on gratitude and thankfulness since it's that season (I am a FIRM believer in Thanksgiving. Do not talk to me about Christmas until NEXT Friday, do you understand?) And since I love Thanksgiving and what it means, I want to instill in them the importance of being thankful for our blessings.

Since they are so very young, things like, "my toys" are high on their lists, which I recognize is important. But, I want to start cultivating in them that deep-seeded joy that comes from realizing that we have WAY more than a lot of people, and are indeed, richly blessed.

SO, tell me friends. How do you teach and cultivate that gratitude in your children? How do you help them recognize what they have?

1 comments:

The Nelsen Family: November 20, 2010 at 8:07 AM  

I love how important the little things are to kids...one of the first things Andrew always says he is thankful for is Lego Star Wars (a game).
It's not very original, but I painted a large tree on butcher paper and cut out a bunch of leaves from construction paper. At least once a day (usually around dinner or bedtime) we sit and write things we're thankful for on the leaves. I told them we need to get it covered in leaves, so we need to think of everything we're thankful for. Andrew has come up with some deeper things than I would have thought (though there are still plenty of toy type answers :). If they're having a hard time thinking of things, I start writing a bunch of my own (not that I don't do my own anyway, but if I start writing a LOT it really gets them interested), and they find my answers interesting. Plus they LOVE to put the leaves on the tree (funny how the little things entertain so much). Anyway, it has been a really good activity for us, I want to do it every year.

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP