Cleaning the Bathroom using ONLY Vinegar

>> Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ok, fine and water.

So, remember how I said that I love me some vinegar? Well, it's true. I do.

And since I'm having guests this weekend (SOOOO EXCITED!) it meant I could no longer put off the bathrooms that have needed a deep clean for 2 (okay fine 3) weeks. (We don't lie here at The Diet Coke Diet.)

So, I whipped up some Vinegar + Water (1 cup vinegar to a full spray bottle) and got to work. And wow, the boys' bathroom was yucky. And now it shines "like the top of the Chyrsler Building".

Now, "How to Clean the Bathroom using only Vinegar + Water" in pictures:

Counter Before:

From The Diet Coke Diet

Dontcha LOVE the piece of the TP roll on the counter? Yeah, Henry dismantled it in TWO of our three bathrooms.

Counter After:
From The Diet Coke Diet

Remember the tub in our car seat post? Well, it wasn't THAT bad this time around, but I forgot to take "Before" pictures, so assume it was that bad.
Here's the tub after:
From The Diet Coke Diet

Toilet:
From The Diet Coke Diet
I'll say it for you: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW boys are gross.

And after:
Whoops. I forgot it. I assure you, I would happily use the throne in there now.

Mirror before: (well, mid-spraying it)
From The Diet Coke Diet

And after:
From The Diet Coke Diet

FINAL PRODUCT:
From The Diet Coke Diet

Cute boys:
From The Diet Coke Diet
Mmkay, so seriously, I used NO commercial cleaners in here. It's SPOTLESS.

Why? Because vinegar kills 1.Mold 2. Bacteria 3. Germs. It also deodorizes beautifully.

The only thing I DIDN'T use it on was the floor because I used my steam mop. (Don't fret, there will be a steam mop review in the near future.) BUT before my steam mop, I did use it. I'd just spray and mop it up.

Like I said. Spotless.

"But Morgan," you say, "What's so bad about (insert random cleaner here)?"

The answer: Well, it depends. See, for me, Vinegar water is EASY. I have to buy stuff to clean with anyway, right? And vinegar is insanely cheap. It costs me a 10th of what a conventional cleaner costs. Also, there are very dangerous chemicals in conventional cleaners that make them unsafe. My kids drink the bath water. Ya know? If I don't HAVE to use, harsh, engineered chemicals, I'm not going to. That's all.

If you absolutely can not believe me, then that's okay. I just know, it WORKS. But we can still be friends if you are 1. Horrified by the state of my restrooms pre-company coming or 2. Can't fathom actually just using vinegar because you don't want to (for whatever reason). We're still buds. It's all good.

Never fear. This is NOT the last you shall be hearing from me about vinegar. We're in love!

4 comments:

Manda February 12, 2010 at 7:12 PM  

Awesome, I am so going to do this! I hate using chemicals.

You know what else works well? Baking soda for soap scum. But you probably don't have any :)

Angie February 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

I keep a spray bottle of straight vinegar and another one of straight hydrogen peroxide next to my kitchen sink. I spray one over the other one on kitchen counters, tables etc and it cuts grease, pancake syrup and unnamed stickies, not to mention mineral deposits around the sink and bacteria etc. A spray bottle of lemon juice is great to spray on grout and caulk in showers that's getting mildew bits for its bleaching effects, but since I don't really want to ferment it, I can't just keep the juice hanging around in the spray bottle like I do with the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Manda is right, baking soda is great for scrubbing almost everything, including the plaque in your teeth!

Alisa February 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

Hmm...did not realize it could actually do a good job as a general cleaner (although I had an old roommate at BYU that worked for janitorial services--and I know they used vinegar for water stains. Alas, vinegar never cleaned up our bathroom water stains that were impenetrable...)!

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP