How to make AWESOME brownies

>> Sunday, February 14, 2010

So, we try to eat healthy at our house. It doesn't always work out, but still. We try. So to celebrate Valentine's Day, and at Alice's suggestion (she's here, visiting) we decided to make BLACK BEAN BROWNIES. I know, ew right?

Well.

You just make a brownie mix, but instead of the oil, you puree some black beans and BAM low-fat brownies.

Well.

I was stirring and stirring and thinking, "Ew. These really smell bad." Like nauseatingly bad. Alice kept reassuring me, "Trust the brownies!" said she. "Don't SMELL them anymore. They'll taste awesome," she assured me.

And I TRIED to trust the brownies and I TRIED to not smell them. But I'm weak. And it didn't work. So, I stuck a finger in the brownie batter and then popped it in my mouth.

Well.

At first taste, it's brownie. Then, suddenly, the undeniable flavor of TACO.

Well.

Ew.

Turns out, the black beans I had so carefully prepared were not ordinary black beans.

They were black beans with jalapenos, tomatoes and onion.

Ew.

They did not taste good.

Amazingly, we had another can of REGULAR, PLAIN black beans.

And those brownies tasted quite good, thankyouverymuch.

But taco brownies? not so much.

7 comments:

Marion February 15, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

SO funny!!! You guys brought tears to my eyes and HYSTERICAL laughter to my day!!

Sara @ Our Best Bites February 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

hahaha, Morgan I'm sensing a trend here! Remember when you put cinnamon in your TACO meat instead of chili powder?? You need to stop trying to combine yummy sweet things with Mexican food, haha.

On another note- I've made black bean brownies before from scratch an they're great!

Morgan Hagey February 16, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Sara- I had the EXACT same thought. I was like, "I CAN NOT KEEP DOING THIS" What can I say? It's a gift.

Yasmine February 16, 2010 at 9:27 PM  

Hilarious. I'm going to definitely try that!

Alilcrunchi February 17, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

Hey morgan, When I was doing my Raw food diet I made these brownies that were so delish! All you do is mix in a food processor some type of dried succulent fruit. Madjool Dates are best, (they kind of taste like caramel) raisins will work too, coco powder and some type of nut or seed like sunflower seeds or almonds. You just mix until it all is blended together. It is so Yummy and sooo good for you. You can eat a whole pan and no have to feel guilty.

Jae February 17, 2010 at 4:26 PM  

Oh Morgs, you're a gem. I love your misadventures.

Alisa February 23, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Haha!! I had no idea they made flavored black beans!

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP