How to Deodorize Cheaply

>> Monday, October 18, 2010

Okay, so there are like 1,456,754 products on the market to encourage our houses to smell nice, good, fruity, flowery, sugar n' spicy, you get the idea, right? Candles, sprays, gel beads, oh my! Your options are seriously endless. 


HOWEVER, when it comes to actual deodorizing, and by that I mean immediate neutralization of seriously bad smells, all of these FAIL. Why? Because they just mask the scent that is currently invading your home and your nostrils. Even products that claim to neutralize before they deodorize don't, from my personal experience. 

And can I just add that almost NOTHING smells better when it has been sprayed with a flowery aersol? NOTHING. Stinky fish + fruits of the forest is NOT better than stinky fish. I'm just sayin'. It's down right gag inducing.

So, feel free to use candles and sprays and whatnot whenever you want. 

EXCEPT for when you're dying because of an immediate stench. 

Stinky garbage? 
Inhuman bathroom conditions? 
A pet who is out to kill you with his smell? 
Lingering smells from dishes you left from Thursday to Monday? 

The answer is so simple it's scary, and perhaps you already know what the answer is. 


Light a match. 

That's all. Lighters won't do it, Scentsy warmers won't do it. 

Just light a match or two, depending on the level of offense. Let it burn down a bit, but you know, use discretion and don't burn yourself.

Trust me on this. The smell from the match being lit lasts a few minutes, but the smell that was making you wish you were dead is GONE. 

Cheap, incredibly easy, and it works literally better than anything else, ever. 

Throw a box up high, away from the kids, in the kitchen and bathrooms. Encourage life partners to participate in your match-lighting program. 

You will thank me for this. Seriously. 

*photo from topheatingcooling.com*

5 comments:

Katy B. October 18, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

I think our family will join the "Match Lighting Program" starting......now! :)

Thanks for the idea!

Anne October 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that!

Shawnie Cannon October 23, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Now that is seriously useful. I already know where I'm headed with my own box of matches. Love you for sharing!

Charlotte October 23, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

I'm going to start keeping a book of matches in my kitchen (but I think I won't light them until my boys are asleep and can't watch!)

Mormon Mommy Blogs October 23, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

Yes, but then my kids know that there are matches, which will just make them think they need to burn something!

*cough*cough*holeinmycouch*

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP