This is because I love you.

>> Monday, October 11, 2010

Well, folks. I would like to tell you a story. It is story of a pregnant girl who desired new jammies. See, my old pjs are fine, I have like... three pair of pants mixed with the random t-shirts, you know?

But, I felt a hankering deep down inside for NEW ones. I had the fabric, and NO PATTERN, and a flat tire on my van. So I figured, NOT A PROBLEM, I can whip up little boy pants with no pattern in 30 minutes. NOT A PROBLEM.

So, I began.

And well, folks. First, they were too small. This was a marvel unto me considering I'd used MY OWN PANTS as a pattern. But, the original pants had been stretchy. WHOOPS!

TOO SMALL.

Rather than start over (I had enough fabric), I decided to just ADD PANELS.

This, my friends, was a mistake.

Seriously.

But I continued, imaging the fantastic post I'd write for you about how to save a pair of PJs.

But then the crotch was too low, (we call that a "rise"). NOT A PROBLEM said I. I just decided to add ANOTHER panel to to the top.

Except I failed to measure, and came up 5 inches short on the waist. AND I sewed it on upside down and backwards.

AND I thought, "THIS IS A PROBLEM."

So now dear readers, I give unto you, Morgan's epic fail for the week, in pictures:
I am wiping away tears because I was laughing so hard. Don't feel bad for me. It was seriously hilarious. Made more funny because my 16 year old brother was there to witness, and Erin came in there at the end and took the pictures.

From The Diet Coke Diet
From The Diet Coke Diet
And the crotch was still too low. I could barely climb up on that chair. Note Henry laughing at me as well.

EPIC FAIL! 

You're welcome.

ETA: My hand is on my chestal area to HOLD UP the stupid pants. 

11 comments:

TJDKG October 11, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

OH my goodness. I am laughing soo hard at this.. I really am I miss you, and that is just awesome. I totally needed that laugh today!

Erin October 12, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

I love that you re-invented the overall (albeit completely by accident)...one of the most amusing moments I've had recently.

Unknown October 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Love the fabric. Glad you can laugh at your failure.

P.S. Why didn't said 16 yr old bro change the flat tire?

Morgan Hagey October 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

Amber- not a bad thought, except the spare was also flat. I could go NOWHERE!

McEuens October 15, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Somehow this reminds me of a certain person getting certain pajama pants stuck on her head....Another exceptionally amusing moment brought to you by the Bills' pants. Get it, YOU'RE the Bills! ;)

NatureGirl October 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

I am glad you have a sense of humor because I would have been bawling by that point. My only question is...exactly HOW pregnant are you planning on getting?

Charlotte October 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

I still have my Christmas PJ's in my needs fixed pile for low crotch issues. And the last maternity thing I sewed ended up around my ankles at church. There is a reason it was the LAST.

Alisa October 16, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

That is sooo dang funny!

Mamarazzi October 16, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

this is hilarious...i can't sew fer crap so i am still impressed even with an epic fail.

Julia Ladewski October 17, 2010 at 12:53 PM  

that is hilarious!! i've made so many mistakes sewing, but yours tops them all!! ;)

Yasmine October 17, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

I'm laughing so hard. That is awesome!

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP