How to Enjoy the Autumn

>> Wednesday, October 6, 2010

From October 2009
I lurve the word "autumn." I much prefer it over "fall."

And random tidbit, did you know, we do NOT capitalize the seasons? We do it all the time, but it's not proper. Weird, eh? I learned that in 2nd grade and never forgot it.

Okay, so anyway, the weather has beautifully, blessedly cooled off, and I am praying it's for keeps.

Do you have any idea how much I LOVE autumn? Not just the word, but the actual season? SO SO SO much.

And here are my tops ways to enjoy the autumn:
1. Hot Chocolate, in the mornings, first thing. I don't do coffee, but if I did, I swear unto you, I would replace it with Hot Chocolate as soon as the weather turns crisp.
2. Long sleeves and layers. I adore sweaters and the "layered" look. I do not care for the summer attire of "being as naked as is allowed by law and common decency."
3. Decor. Oh the leaves, and browns and the yellows and the oranges. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
4. Baking. I ceased all baking for the good of survival in the summer. Bring on the baking!
5. Walks and hikes. Walking in the woods, with the color dripping from the trees, and the cool air... mmmm.
6. Halloween. I don't do the the "scary and gross" stuff. Just cutesy witches and Charlie Brown's great pumpkin. Kids in costumes, MY FAVORITE.
7. Pumpkins. All orange and round and delightful. Roast some seeds. DELICIOUS. Cookies? Yes please!
8. Hats! I love hats and when the weather turns brisk, I plop them atop my kiddos' heads with reckless abandon.
9. Wind. I swear, autumn is windy windy and well. The sound and feel of wind is magic.
10. Leaves. Jumping in them, collecting them, raking them, whatever. I think they are so fun!

Okay, so, all you autumn-haters, who only despise it because it means winter is around the corner, don't be haters, just make a list of all the GOOD things. If you can't think of any, give some of mine a whirl. Autumn is magic. MAGIC I say.
From October 2009
From October 2009
*pictures are from last October... a walk in the woods. DELIGHT!*

3 comments:

Katy B. October 9, 2010 at 1:24 PM  

I completly agree with you. There is something about this time of year....and when you live in az like I do, you welcome the fall and winter with pure glee! :)

Heather October 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

I also am an autumn lover, of course in St George that just means that it has been a whole week and half since it has been over 100 degrees. Bring on the baking!

Dawn,  October 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

I LOVE autumn, too... always been my absolute favorite time of year. One thing you forgot - You don't have to shave your legs as often because the shorts are going in the closet!

Post a Comment

More Moms Just Like Us

A Little Disclaimer

We do not represent, advertise or work for Coca-Cola Classic at all, in any way, shape or form. The images seen here are the sole property of Coke, and we borrowed them off Google Images. "The Diet Coke Diet" is NOT AN ACTUAL diet. Good grief people. Of course it isn't. Man can not live on Diet Coke alone. Woman on the other hand...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP